| Fostering Continuous Learning & Development is the philosophy at Bharat Aluminium Company Ltd.
One of the key motivators in improving performance of employees is the opportunity available for growth and development. At BALCO, we realise that training is of utmost importance for ensuring a pool of competent human capital in the Organisation. Our aim is to help our employees achieve their personal goals while fulfilling both individual and team responsibilities.
BALCO has successfully embarked on developing an organisation that encourages learning, and where every team member is determined to overcome personal and professional barriers and continuously enhance competencies. To that end, BALCO facilitates nurturing talent and building capabilities through various learning interventions:
Specialised Technical, Functional modules are encouraged for process and maintenance engineers. Function executives are also facilitated through such modules with inputs from technical / functional heads across the Organisation. It is done in a manner customised for their shop-specific needs, lending exclusivity to the programmes.
- Business Excellence Trainings like Six Sigma, 5S, Quality Circles to facilitate continual improvements at workplace and enhancing productivity.
- Leadership & Strategic Programmes for Business Heads / Unit Heads with exclusive focus on enhancing performance optimisation through reputed management institutes and training consultants.
- Behavioural Trainings to facilitate people-development for personal and professional growth of all employees.
- Internal Faculty Development & Recognition through 'Train The Trainer' Workshop, an initiative based on the theme 'We Know Our Plant Better' for :
- Better knowledge management.
- Effective utilisation of internal resources with vast experience of various domains.
- Unleashing the hidden potential of our internal faculties.
- Global Exposure to best-in-class smelters, power plants for benchmarking best practices and bringing continual improvements in the Organisation through effective implementation of such practices.
- Management Development Programmes (MDP) for engineers in collaboration with premier management institutes like XLRI, Jamshedpur and NIRMA, Ahmedabad for enabling accelerated career growth of key performers.
- 'Viniti Vibhav Patrika', monthly L&D news bulletin to reach out to all employees for communicating the developmental activities.
- Academic / Supervisory Development Programme, a one month training in collaboration with BITS, Pilani and PES Global, Delhi for effective transition of employees from workmen to executive cadre.